SCDPM 2010 and array based backups using a hardware provider!
Lisa Low
2010-06-14 21:38:40 UTC
I am a newbie when it comes to SCDPM so apologies for such a rudimentary
question.
I am looking for documentation on how to configure SCDPM 2010 to do array
based backups using a hardware provider e.g. HP EVA. Any pointers on what you
need to set up?
Praveen D [MSFT]
2010-06-30 10:15:47 UTC
How to enable hardware snapshots documentation should be available with
the hardware vendor, as different vendors have different way of enabling
this. Can you please check with them?
--
Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]
need to set up?
Robert Lamaster
2010-12-15 16:38:09 UTC
I too am new to this, and need exactly the same help. Our EVA 4400 is in operation. We have 3 servers (on an HP blade system) as Hyper-V hosts. Each of the 3 has the HP VDS and VSS hardware providers installed. We also have a management server (physical) running HP Command View software and Replications Solutions Manager / Business Copy (without Continuous Access license). I am trying to use Microsoft DPM 2010. Whenever I try to perform a Consistency Check of a VM, I get errors saying the "VSS application writer or the VSS provider is in a bad state. The shadow copy provider had an error (0x80042306). If I go into the event logs on the VM Host (Server 2008 R2 Datacenter), there are multiple errors from source "volsnap". EventID 8. "The flush and hold writes operation on volume <x> timed out while waiting for a release writes command." Did you ever get this all working?
Post by Praveen D [MSFT]
How to enable hardware snapshots documentation should be available with
the hardware vendor, as different vendors have different way of enabling
this. Can you please check with them?
--
Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]
DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet
forum
at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads.
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Entity Framework Code-First Library CTP 5 Quick Facts
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1be19af6-7384-4eca-9076-d19c2d0638cc/entity-framework-codefirst-library-ctp-5-quick-facts.aspx
Robert Lamaster
2010-12-15 16:39:29 UTC
Post by Robert Lamaster
[...]
C# In Depth Second Edition - An Interview with Jon Skeet
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9961390d-2cc6-4a63-ab5e-dd8c1098e9f8/c-in-depth-second-edition--an-interview-with-jon-skeet.aspx