DPM 2010 Agent Removal
Mohamad Berjawi
2010-02-04 06:51:01 UTC
i am trying to remove an agent from DPM console and that agent is no longer
available. the error message is the following:
Uninstall protection agent from formatech-dc2.formatechedu.com failed:
Error 400: The DPM server was unable to retrieve information about the
remote system using the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service on
formatech-dc2.formatechedu.com.
Error details: The RPC server is unavailable.

i know that this agent is unavailable but how to clean up my DPM server and
remove that system from my DPM console?
Chandraneel Chakka[MSFT]
2010-02-04 07:55:01 UTC
You have a Remove-ProductionServer.Ps1 script available to help in these
situations.

If you are a beta customer please do the following

1. select the agent in the dpm console
2. click uninstall, provide the credentials. But do not close the wizard.
3. If you wait in the wizard you will get a popup to force uninstall. Please
select yes to remove the agent from the DPM Console.
--
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
Hi,
Brent
2010-02-08 13:48:55 UTC
I am having the same issue, the wizard does not prompt me to removed it from
the database, it simply fails (I have read that this is a bug in DPM 2010
beta). Also, the Remove-ProductionServer.PS1 script is not present in my
installation. I am running DPM 2010 beta. Thoughts? Thanks!
Post by Chandraneel Chakka[MSFT]
You have a Remove-ProductionServer.Ps1 script available to help in these
situations.
If you are a beta customer please do the following
1. select the agent in the dpm console
2. click uninstall, provide the credentials. But do not close the wizard.
3. If you wait in the wizard you will get a popup to force uninstall.
Please select yes to remove the agent from the DPM Console.
--
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
Hi,
Chandraneel Chakka[MSFT]
2010-02-09 14:50:55 UTC
DPM 2010 RC is out. you can remove the server using
Remove-ProductionServer.Ps1
script provided in this.
--
Post by Brent
I am having the same issue, the wizard does not prompt me to removed it
from the database, it simply fails (I have read that this is a bug in DPM
2010 beta). Also, the Remove-ProductionServer.PS1 script is not present
in my installation. I am running DPM 2010 beta. Thoughts? Thanks!
Post by Chandraneel Chakka[MSFT]
You have a Remove-ProductionServer.Ps1 script available to help in these
situations.
If you are a beta customer please do the following
1. select the agent in the dpm console
2. click uninstall, provide the credentials. But do not close the wizard.
3. If you wait in the wizard you will get a popup to force uninstall.
Please select yes to remove the agent from the DPM Console.
--
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
Hi,
Brent
n***@gmail.com
2014-01-10 18:30:43 UTC
Hi All

I have a tricky situation where i use DPM2010 to backup exchange 2007, the tricky part is i need to use DPM2007 on another server to backup the same exchange, i successfully uninstall the 2010 agent from the server but when i try to install a 2007 agent on the exchange server it says there is a newer agent installed. How can i remove that instance?

Note: DPM is also installed on the Exchange server, is it simply to uninstall the DPM on the exchange and it will work?