Invalid directory name restoring System state or BMR with DPM 2010
UVT
2010-04-23 12:50:09 UTC
While testing DPM 2010 eval I came accros an issue with restoring BMR or
system state backups. Backups got restored to a path named like
E:\DPM_4-21-2010_22.53.54\DPM_Recovered_At_4-22-2010_3.10.10odp. including
the last dot in folder name. This resulted in inaccesible folder, producing
error %path% refers to a location that is unavailable....
After a while I found out that the problem is probably in the dot at the end
of folder name, because I could acces the content using the 8.3 short name
(DPM_Rec~1). Using the same notation I managed to rename the folder which
allowed me to succesfully restore the data.

The problem is probably due Czech regional settings, which is using the
abbreviations odp. and dop. in place of AM and PM.

Is this a known issue, or are there some limitaions on the regional settings
of DPM server? My server is Windows server 2008 R2 x64,english with czech
regional settings.
Praveen D [MSFT]
2010-04-28 13:33:22 UTC
Thanks for bringing this into our focus. We will try it in our house and
fix it soon. Mean while the please follow the work-around by renaming the
directory.

Thanks,
Praveen D [MSFT]
regional settings.
Ryan
2010-05-18 10:36:01 UTC
Hi there

I am experiencing the same issue. I can not browse or delete the file
structure. When I try delete the folders I get an error and when I browse the
file structure I cannot browse more than one level in.

I am in New Zealand locale so don't think its a Czech issue.

Any ideas on how to remove these folders? Or even how to browse them?

I am Running DPM 2010 RC

Thanks

Ryan
.
Ryan
2010-05-18 10:51:01 UTC
Some extra information..... when I browse to the folder in a command prompt
window and try doing a "CD DPM_Recovered_At_5-18-2010_10.41.22p.m." it
returns with "The system cannot find the path specified."

Chkdsk claims the drive is fine.... any ideas?

Thanks

Ryan
.
Ryan

.
Ryan
2010-05-18 11:10:01 UTC
When I got to properties of that folder I also find that

Type of File: File folder (.)
Opens With: Windows Shell Common Dll

No other information is displayed and hte security tab tells me "The
Requested security information is either unavailable or can't be displayed"

I can remove the folder by running "rd
DPM_Recovered_At_5-18-2010_10.56.26p.m. /s"

The disk I am writing too is a Basic Disk on the same server as DPM hosted
on and Adaptec Controller in Raid 5 Config.

Thanks

Ryan
.
Elvis P
2010-08-12 12:18:19 UTC
Did anyone actually find a fix for this? I have the same error/issue and no way to fix or resolve this?
Post by Ryan
Hi there
I am experiencing the same issue. I can not browse or delete the file
structure. When I try delete the folders I get an error and when I browse the
file structure I cannot browse more than one level in.
I am in New Zealand locale so do not think its a Czech issue.
Post by Ryan
When I got to properties of that folder I also find that
Type of File: File folder (.)
Opens With: Windows Shell Common Dll
No other information is displayed and hte security tab tells me "The
Requested security information is either unavailable or cannot be displayed"
I can remove the folder by running "rd
DPM_Recovered_At_5-18-2010_10.56.26p.m. /s"
The disk I am writing too is a Basic Disk on the same server as DPM hosted
on and Adaptec Controller in Raid 5 Config.
Thanks
Ryan
Composite UI Pattern and RAD Development for Data Entry Applications, Part 1
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a119aebe-7478-4aaa-b415-12786ec5cf90/composite-ui-pattern-and-rad-development-for-data-entry-applications-part-1.aspx
Brett Ryland
2010-10-28 00:03:59 UTC
I had exactly this problem where my DPM 2010 Server (Windows 2008 R2) was set to a New Zealand System Locale (and NZ Keyboard etc). As soon as I set everything back to US English, the problem disappeared... :-)
Post by Elvis P
Did anyone actually find a fix for this? I have the same error/issue and no way to fix or resolve this?
ASP.NET MaskedTextBox Custom Control
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/39a071cd-9f96-4e81-9346-4e445181d645/aspnet-maskedtextbox-custom-control.aspx
b***@gmail.com
2013-05-22 04:56:32 UTC
Post by UVT
[...]
Anyone Still having this issue
Don't bother to change you whole regional settings to US, you don't need to

Just change your A.M. and P.M. symbol (in date/time/regional settings) to am pm that will sort out he problem

Today is 2013/05/22 BTW