Unable to create protection Group For Hyper-V in DPM 2010
Steve Reynaud
2010-03-30 16:03:02 UTC
Hello Guy's,

On DPM2010-RC, when I try to select the Hyper-V part of an added host, I get
the following error:
---------------
One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source is missing.
Ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed on
bucksrv02.bciglobal.nl and/or all nodes in the cluster:

Windows Server 2008 with
Knowledge Base article 948465 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465)
AND
Knowledge Base article 971394 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971394)
- OR -
Windows Server 2008 R2 with
Knowledge Base article 975921(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975921)
AND
Knowledge Base article 975354(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975354)

If you have already installed the required prerequisite, refresh the agent
status in the management tab and try again.
------------------------

My Hyper-V server is standalone installation, running on Widows 2008 SP2
native install and with the needed KB 971394 installed.

After the install of the KB 971394 i have refresh the agents in the
management tab of DPM UI but i can't proceed to creating the protection
groups.

Tank's for your help
Parag Agrawal [MSFT]
2010-03-31 07:31:01 UTC
Most Likely you have not installed the KB948465.
Can you install the KB 948465 and then do a agent refresh and then try
protecting the VM.

Also Please read : [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465]. Mentions
something about the pre-release Version of SP2.

NOTE: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
Tank's for your help
Steve Reynaud
2010-03-31 08:05:01 UTC

thank you for your answer but my server is natively installed with the W2008
SP2 (the KB KB948465).

Must I install the KB necessary to DPM 2007 SP1 on my Hyper-V 2008 Server or
must I only follow the prerequisites for the DPM 2010 Version ?

Thank you
Tank's for your help
Angad Pal Singh [MSFT]
2010-03-31 09:19:11 UTC
Steve,

This is a known issue and we have a fix for it already. Please send me a
mail at ansingh at microsoft dot com and I shall share a private fix with
you.

Thanks,
--Angad.
--
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
Hi,
Tank's for your help
Mike
Tank's for your help
Angad Pal Singh [MSFT]

Tank's for your help
Lanshawn1

Tank's for your help
Julio Nguema
2010-12-15 09:23:56 UTC
Hi, I have the same problem when try toe create an Hyper-V protection group (W. Srv 2008 R2).

Could you send me that private fix?

Thanks!!
Post by Steve Reynaud
[...]
management tab of DPM UI but i cannot proceed to creating the protection
groups.
Tank's for your help
Post by Parag Agrawal [MSFT]
Most Likely you have not installed the KB948465.
Can you install the KB 948465 and then do a agent refresh and then try
protecting the VM.
Also Please read : [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465]. Mentions
something about the pre-release Version of SP2.
NOTE: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
Hi,
Post by Lanshawn1
I too am using DPM 2010 RC and am getting this error on Servers running Hyper
V and when trying to protect the System State. Can you send me the private
fix?
Thanks,
Shawn
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
JQuery Templates and the Topsy Otter Twitter Search API
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e1431bb1-05be-4e4d-91dd-52e6d0aa6731/jquery-templates-and-the-topsy-otter-twitter-search-api.aspx
Paul Golini
2011-02-14 16:03:57 UTC
I am having the same problem, is this problem fixed yet?is there a hot fix I should be using?
Post by Parag Agrawal [MSFT]
Most Likely you have not installed the KB948465.
Can you install the KB 948465 and then do a agent refresh and then try
protecting the VM.
Also Please read : [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465]. Mentions
something about the pre-release Version of SP2.
NOTE: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
Hi,
Post by Julio Nguema
Hi, I have the same problem when try toe create an Hyper-V protection group (W. Srv 2008 R2).
Could you send me that private fix?
Thanks!!
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Excel JSON Storing Data