Agent operation failed ID-370
romac
2007-11-03 06:45:00 UTC
Affected area: ISPServer.romac.com
Occurred since: 11/2/2007 11:07:56 PM
The DPM server was unable to retrieve information about the remote system
using the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service on
ISPServer.romac.com. (ID 400 Details: The RPC server is unavailable)
I'm also getting a DPM event:
Agent operation failed. (ID: 370)
The DPM server was unable to retrieve information about the remote system
using the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service on
ISPServer.romac.com. (ID: 400)

DPM ID: 0^|^R2SRVR^|^Agent operation
failed^|^DPM^|^Administration^|^R2SRVR^|^29240ee1-d985-4733-8c05-58d6cbdac685

This is the error message I'm getting when I try to install agent on my
single DC within my domain. I've restarted system and tried everything I
know, but I can not install on this system. I'm running ISA server with
nothing blocked and everything passing through. Prior to getting this
message; "DPM could not identify if ISPserver.romac.com is clustered ID-405.
My server is not clustered. I have been successful installing an agent on
my W2K8 server. I have only 3 systems in my domain.

thanks
Romac
Suhail Khan [MSFT]
2007-11-05 04:40:19 UTC
can you perform following steps to configure ISA firewall to be used with
DPM

1. Open the ISA MMC
2. Click on Firewall Policy
3. Click View>Show System Policy Rules to see the system policies
4. Disable System Policy Rule number 2 ("Allow remote management from
selected computers using MMC")
5. Double click System Policy Rule number 22 ("Allow RPC from ISA
server to trusted servers")
6. In the System Policy Editor dialog, uncheck the "Enforce Strict RPC
Compliance" checkbox
7. Click View>Show System Policy Rules to hide the system policies
8. Select the first firewall policy rule
9. On the action menu, select New>Access Rule
10. Name the rule "DPM" and click next
11. Choose "Allow" and click next
12. Choose "All outbound traffic" and click next
13. On the access rule sources page, click the "Add" button to open
the "Add Network Entities" dialog
14. In the "Add Network Entities" dialog, click New>Computer to open
the "New Computer Rule Element" dialog
15. On the "New Computer Rule Element" dialog, Enter the name of the
DPM server and enter its IP address, and click OK
16. In the "Add Network Entities" dialog, expand computers and
double-click the new DPM entry. If you want to be able to manage the ISA
server using RDP Or the MMC consoles from other systems in your
organization, you can add those specific systems here as well by repeating
steps 14-16 for each system.

17. In the "Add Network Entities" dialog, expand networks and
double-click the Localhost entry
18. Click "Close" to close the "Add Network Entities" dialog
19. You should now have, at minimum, the DPM server and Localhost in
the Access Rule Sources page. Click next
20. In the access rule destinations page, click the "Add" button to
open the "Add Network Entities" dialog
21. In the "Add Network Entities" dialog, expand computers and
double-click the new DPM entry.
22. In the "Add Network Entities" dialog, expand networks and
double-click the Localhost entry
23. Click "Close" to close the "Add Network Entities" dialog
24. You should now have the DPM server and Localhost in the Access
Rule Destinations page. Click next
25. Leave the default User Set selected and click next
26. Click Finish
27. Ensure that your new rule, "DPM", is at the TOP of the list of
Firewall policies. This ensures it will be matched before any other rule for
traffic to and from the DPM server.

28. Right click the DPM rule and select properties to open the "DPM
Properties" dialog
29. Click the Protocols tab. In this tab, click the "Filtering"
button and then click "Configure RPC Protocol" to open the "Configure RPC
Protocol Policy" dialog.

30. In the Configure RPC Protocol Policy" dialog, uncheck the
"Enforce strict RPC compliance" checkbox and then click OK to close the
dialog.
31. Click OK to close the "DPM Properties" dialog
32. Near the top of the ISA console, click the "Apply" button to
apply the changes to the ISA server
--
Suhail Khan [MSFT]

Romac
Jeroen Bakker
2010-12-27 10:50:17 UTC
Make sure that "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft networks" is ENABLED on your network adapter of the DPM client (agent).

If it isn't you'll get errors along the lines of:

- Agent operation failed. (ID 370)
The server [servername] could not be found in Active Directory. (ID 31144)
- Agent operation failed. (ID 370)
DPM is unable to retrieve the configuration information from [servername]. (ID 346 Details: The RPC server is unavailable)

Regards,

Jeroen
Post by Suhail Khan [MSFT]
[...]
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft LINQ Query Samples For Beginners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-topic-area/LINQ-Standard-Query-Operators/33/LINQ-Standard-Query-Operators.aspx