Primary DPM Database restore from Secondary DPM Server - easy or n
AndyUk11
2008-08-20 23:00:01 UTC
I'm new to DPM and was reading the DPMc2007_Operations_guide.doc on page 140
it talks about restoring a Primary DPM server's own database if it became
corrupt.
It goes on about reinstalling the DPM software and DpmSync etc. This sounds
like it would take a few hours to the server back up and running.
.
Cant I just go to the Secondary DPM server, Recovery tab and Select the
Primary DPM's SQL database and restore it to the Primary DPM server?

regards A
Madhan S [MSFT]
2008-08-21 04:20:28 UTC
We do not allow original location recovery of DPMDB. You can only restore as
files. Later, you can attach and mount the database

Also, You need to run DPMSync even if you recover DPMDB from Secondary DPM
server.
Thanks
Madhan S

regards A
AndyUk11
2008-08-21 07:49:01 UTC
page 140 step 4 "Recover the database as a file from the secondary DPM server"

Hi
How do you carry out this step?

TIA A
Madhan S [MSFT]
2008-08-21 11:35:32 UTC
Choose the DPMDB in Recovery UI of Secondary DPM and select Recover. You
will be given an option to 'Copy to network folder'. Select that option and
trigger recovery. This will recover the DPMDB as files.
Thanks
Madhan S